Who can join? (Membership Criteria)
- Exhibition Organisers who host or organise an exhibition and/or confex within South Africa/Africa and/or exhibition organisers who have a local partner in Africa and/or International Exhibition
- Organisers hosting an exhibition within an African country.
- Must be recommended by at least one AAXO member.
- Must complete the AAXO Code of Conduct and adhere to it.
- Agree to their shows being audited by our auditing partner (ABC) in order to verify visitor numbers.
- Agree to sign a space declaration form and collect a R2,00 per m² AAXO Marketing Contribution.
Why join the Association of African Exhibition Organisers? (Membership Benefits)
- Negotiation with SARS for VAT exemption or reduction for international exhibitors participating in South African shows.
- Negotiation with the DTI to promote AAXO member shows and where possible assisting and encouraging the DTI to support a hosted buyer programme as well as promote the shows globally.
- To negotiate with the South African National Convention Bureau to support AAXO member shows, either financial or in kind.
- To promote the South African and African exhibition industry globally via our global association partners thereby increasing awareness and stimulating growth.
- Lobby venues on behalf of AAXO Organisers to address critical issues such as WIFI, expansion plans, build-up and breakdown procedures, safety issues and window period for competing shows.
- Availability of vital information and research on relevant local and international economic trends and thereby creating business opportunities.
- Negotiate with ABC for a reduced membership fee and audit cost for each exhibition.
- AAXO to equip Organisers with the correct tools to benefit exhibitors including exhibition tips, guidelines and training while also providing access to the DTI subsidy for outbound exhibitions.
- Provide important information to Organisers such as updates on the POPI Act, CPA, new safety rules and regulations, any corporate governance, tax or VAT amendments and any other applicable implications for business.
- Provide Organisers with information and training on digital media including social media and webinars.
- Promotion and show listing of Organisers and exhibitions on AAXO website through the DTI and other strategic partners, local and global associations.
- Annual Exhibition Awards of Distinction.
AAXO to negotiate with Open Tenders and Tender Bulletin thereby circulating any relevant tenders to Organiser Members for business opportunities.
- Access to Market Research Results.
Industry Promotion Portal for the exhibition industry, the ‘go to’ site for anyone looking for a particular exhibition in any given market sector. The place for exhibitors to go for information, advice and recruitment of staff. A training resource and a forum for the exchange of information and advice.
- AAXO to produce a BBBEE suppliers’ list.
- Regular news on exhibition industry developments and trends.
- Benefit from the knowledge base that other members have created, learn the do’s and don’ts of working in different countries and cultures. A pooling of broad-based knowledge and experience can only benefit the industry as a whole.
- Online Membership directory
- Searchable calendar / event listing i.e. website, Facebook page etc.
- Access to the CEM Learning program at a reduced rate via the IAEE.
- Use of the AAXO logo on your website and in both printed and electronic marketing materials
- Use of the “AAXO-approved badge” on all members exhibitions marketing collateral
How to join (Application process)
- Complete AAXO Membership Application Form.
- Sign the AAXO Code of Conduct.
- Submit recommendation letter and await approval from the board
- Once approved, an invoice for the annual membership fee will then be sent to you.
- Once all documentation is received and verified and after you have paid the membership fee, then your AAXO membership will be confirmed.
- A welcome pack will then be prepared for you with your certificate, guidelines for use of logo and additional information.
- Your Organisation’s details will be included onto the membership database and updated on the AAXO website.
- Submit supporting documentation to email@example.com
2016 Membership Fees
- R7,500 for South African members – valid from 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2016.
- $1,000 for International members – valid from 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2016.AAXO Marketing Contribution of R2,00 per m².
- Banking details for AAXO will be provided on the invoice sent to you.
- New membership fees are calculated pro rata.
Code of Conduct
Being a member of AAXO comes with its responsibilities. As a member, you are required to undertake and observe the AAXO Code of Conduct.
NOTES FOR COMPLETING THIS FORM
Kindly complete ALL sections of this form and then submit.
If any assistance is required please do not hesitate to contact AAXO either by phone on
+27 (0)11 549 8300 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the following documentation to email@example.com upon submitting your application form:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- A copy of your ID Documents if a sole trader/partnership
- A copy of your SARS Tax Clearance Certificate
- A copy of your B-BBEE Certificate
- Certificate of Public Liability Insurance
- Letter of Recommendation by AAXO Member
- Company Logo (in vector format)
- Company Profile
- Event List for 2016 and 2017
- Logo’s and fact sheets of your shows
- Social Media links
- Organiser – R10 million public liability cover but R20 million is recommended depending on size and nature of your Organisation.